Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Must've read my mind!

Oh happy day!  Work was closed today because we have gotten a big snow storm.  After taking care of a sick child for 5 days straight, I was absolutely exhausted.  Thank God that we got a big snow storm and I not only didn't have to go to work today, but the office is also closed tomorrow!  Talk about a great way to get refreshed and recharged.  I spent the day resting, but cleaning my kitchen.  It isn't all that glamourous (it's a early 80s kitchen), but I scrubbed down the stove, wiped the counters all down and mopped the floor. We're in the process of updating the hardware on the cabinets.  There's something about sitting on my barstool here and staring at this corner of the kitchen that just makes me so happy and feel accomplished. It isn't often that my kitchen looks like this...oh, there's a pot in the sink, grrrrrrrr.  Right now, I am finishing up some yummy oatmeal raisin cookies. Tomorrow, I'm going to try my hand at Cinnamon Rolls.  Maybe I'll get real crazy and clean the bathrooms. :)

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: (from my good friend Ashleigh)

2 sticks of margarine (I had to use butter since we're snowed in; they are better with margarine)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt 
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned) uncooked
1 1/2 cups raisins

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy
3. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well
5. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack
About 4 dozen.

Thanks for stopping by!