Thursday, February 3, 2011

Toddler won't eat

Ugh.  Tonight is no fun.  I'm listening to my 2 year old cry "I want mommy" from his bedroom.  We have been waging a "food" war with my son and I'm at my wits end.  My husband and I have tried patience, reasoning (although is there really with a 2 year old?), Santa threats back at Christmas, removal of toys, sent to room, rewards of cookies, etc., time out, ...everything.  I don't know what to do.  He does eat sometimes and we felt like we were making progress with removal of toys...but tonight he just absolutely would wave bye to them and tell us "take them away."  Oh, boy, do you feel like you lost as a parent (on top of the fact that my husband and I were staring at each other with OMG looks) when you've lost with a two year old.


What to do?  They say that kids eat when they eat, but he'll eat one night and not the next. but it's been a fight every.single.night.  I don't want to deal with this anger about it.  Some parents say that they give their kids a mandatory three bite rule, but it's a battle just to get that.


Thoughts? Suggestions?  I need help!