Sunday, October 2, 2011

Candy Corn Cheese

First, let me apologize for this picture.  I was trying to finish the lunch for the kiddos and this was a last minute thought.  I wanted to add some cheese to their lunch, but I was growing tired of just using cookie cutters.

I cut slices of: Vermont Cheddar (Orange layer), Kraft American (Yellowish layer), and Baybel in the red wax (White layer).

Cut rectangles all the same size and stack on top of each other.  For this, I did 6-7 rectangles for each of the orange and yellow layers.  Next, unwrap the Baybel cheese and cut in half.  Depending on how thick your orange and yellow layers are, you may have to shave off some thickness from the Baybel wheel.  Line up as shown and then using a knife, cut two 45 degree angles making the signature triangle shape of a candy corn.  I slid the knife under this to transfer it to the lunch plate and bento.  
In the bento, I placed it on top of a chunk of apple underneath the cheese so that it would sit together nicely - and who doesn't love apple and cheese together? YUM!