Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu for Week of February 28th

Well hello there!  I got a reprieve from my in-laws this weekend; they watched our two year old son on Saturday night and all day Sunday.  It was really nice to get a break, but we spent time getting the house picked up and re-arranged so we can start taking down the bassinet, infant car seat, and infant swing thing.  I feel bad that new baby won't have a true "nursery" waiting on their arrival, but 1) they'll have no memory of it and 2) why do that when we are about to sell our house anyways.

Keep it simple.  Although I didn't write that down as my new year's resolution, I think that I'm going to try and continue that as my theme for 2011.

Last week's menu was a truly budget conscious menu, although I am challenged to do even better. We only spent $67 of the $92 weekly budget we had set aside.  This week, we were in great shape to do it again, but our local supermarket had a GIANT meat sale. So we bought a lot of bulk and spent the time on Sunday (kid-free) to package it up and separate into the freezer. That's going to help a lot for the upcoming weeks that I am home on maternity leave. 

THIS IS LUNCH:


Monday
Taco Salads (Hubs said these were so good Friday he wanted them again!)
Tuesday
Baked Potato (Bacon, butter, sour cream, cheese)
Wednesday
Chicken Salad in Pita Sandwiches
Thursday
Cuban Sandwiches (bake 'naked' pork chops with Tuesday night dinner)
Friday
Open/BLT Sandwiches (Hubs wants to go out for lunch, I will probably just make easy sandwich)
Saturday
Left overs from dinner
Sunday
FFY


THIS IS DINNER:

Monday
Left over Lasagne
Tuesday
Breaded Pork Chops with Mac and Cheese, Mixed Veggies
Wednesday
Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday
Spaghetti with Homemade Sauce (has Italian Sausage in it too-yum)
Friday
BBQ Chicken Pizza - there are so many different options! Finding a good pizza dough has been so helpful and then we just add toppings.  
Saturday
Tacos, Enchilladas...maybe something different in "mexican" style
Sunday
Family Dinner - it was our turn for Oscar night, so we are back to the other families.

Thanks for stopping by!