Sunday, January 23, 2011

Menu: January 24th

I came up with a new plan this weekend.  Why should I continue to pay $2.50 for 6 cups of Jello pre-made...when I could use those cute cups and make my own and choose my own flavor for 33 cents! So I only have one package of those GLAD containers...gotta go get more today if I'm to do this.
Second, snacks are really hard to figure out without resorting to Potato Chips and other junk (i.e. cookies, brownies, etc). Sure, we have a bag in our pantry every now and then...but if you have other snack ideas, let me know. I like to keep a good variety on my list to choose from.

THIS IS LUNCH:
Monday
Vegetable Quiche with Swiss/Cheddar (made this on Sunday for this week); Spinach Salad, Craisins, Pecans; Poppyseed Dressing in cute cup
SNACKS: Jello cup, Green Apple, Mixed Nuts
Tuesday
Baked Potatoes with Bacon, Sour Cream, Cheese, Green Onion
SNACKS: Celery/Peanut Butter (cute cup), Yogurt, Pudding with Bananas
Wednesday
SNACKS: Carrot Sticks, Wheat Thins & Cheese, Yogurt

Thursday
Left over Chicken Pot Pie/Dumplings from Tuesday nights dinner
SNACKS: Jello cup, Sliced Strawberries & Pineapple (MMM says that Aldi has these fresh for 99 cents!), 
Friday
Finish Quiche or other Leftovers, Spinach Salad w/ Craisins/Pecans, same dressing.
SNACKS: Graham Crackers with Cream Cheese, Yogurt, Waldorf Salad

THIS IS DINNER:
Monday
Crispy Southwest Quesadillas; Pudding for dessert (and tomorrow's snack)
Make Bacon and bake Potatoes for tomorrow lunch
Tuesday
Chicken Pot Pie or Chicken & Dumplings
Make Spaghetti Carbonara for lunch tomorrow
Wednesday
Crispy Beef Tacos (Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Sour Cream); Refried/Pinto Beans
Brown Pot Roast and set Crock Pot to cook overnight for dinner tomorrow
Thursday
Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes (maybe Asparagus, depends on how adventurous I feel)

Friday
BBQ Chicken Pizza (use BBQ Sauce and Mozz or Jack Cheese) with Coleslaw

Saturday
Green Chile Cheeseburgers (saw episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay and now I am totally craving these) 
Make your own French Fries (Butter Golds coated with Oil, Season Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder--spray cookie sheet, 400*; flip)
Sunday
Family Dinner (off again this week! yay!)
Thanks for stopping by!