Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving theme Lunch #7 (Turkey Bento)

My husband was recently out of town this week and I'm all messed up because schedules and routines were off.  We had a fun filled day yesterday and I meant to get a post in, only to realize I had to fix Tuesdays - and that made me distracted - so here it is Thursday and I've got posts to make up.

Plated Lunch:

 - Round turkey sandwich from Whole Wheat bread, edges are "stuffed" with Orange and Red Bell Pepper (no, my child did not eat all of these, but he did make an effort), and Cheetos.  Face is cheddar cheese, chocolate sprinkles for the eyes and a slice of strawberry for the "gobble" part.
 - Additional slices of strawberries make the "red" leaves and 
 - Nutter Butter snack size cookies with Hershey Kisses attached making two cute acorns.


Bento Version:
 - Smaller version of the round Turkey sandwich from Whole Wheat bread, edges are "stuffed" with Orange and Red Bell Pepper, and Cheetos.  Face is cheddar cheese, chocolate sprinkles for the eyes and a slice of strawberry for the "gobble" part.
 - Strawberry slices for "red leaves"
 - Toothpick of cheddar cubes
 - Nutter Butter snack size cookie with Hershey Chocolate Kiss attached making a little acorn.